Welcome To PRIS!
Pasir Ridge Intercultural School is located in Balikpapan, East Kalimantan, Indonesia, on the Island of Borneo. Balikpapan is a city of 800,000 with the economy based mainly on the oil and mining industries. The school serves about 85 expatriate children in preschool through grade eight, with 20 percent U.S. citizens and 80 percent representing 20 other nationalities.
– “PRIS is a gem! We enjoyed every moment of our experience there. It will be difficult to find another school that will merge all the qualities we find at PRIS: high academic standards, excellent family atmosphere, highly prepared and motivated staff. At the end it all results in a secure-fun environment for our children to learn…Thank you PRIS!”
– “Thanks for your support and help, our children are happy students and they love the school.”
– “I would prefer PRIS than any other schools, in developing a child’s total wholeness, not just academic aspect but also the creativity and human aspect that is the strong point of PRIS.”
– “We think you’re doing a fabulous job and really appreciate all you do for the kids. Our kids have learned so much in the 2 years here thanks so much can’t wait to see what else they learn!”
– “I enjoy getting the blog updates it’s a great way to get a snapshot of the classroom.”
– “PRIS was an outstanding and memorable experience for our family. Thank you for your care, kindness, and expertise.”
– “Keep up the great work! Please know that you are a school of excellence in many areas and ways.”
– “PRIS is a wonderful school because it has an amazing team that makes it a great place for kids to learn…”
– “I know that experiences are personal and everyone lives theirs in a specific way… For me, being part of the PRIS community has been a blessing. I consider myself, my kids and my family extremely lucky for having the chance to be part of the PRIS family. The teachers and staff are not only great professionals but also great human beings… I have seen my kids learn and grow in the past three years and loving each day of school….That is the best feeling ever!…. We will truly miss being part of PRIS, but we will always treasure our memories and the friends we met here… Thank you all!”
- Weekly Wrap-up & A look Ahead To...
Dear Parents,What a wonderful week of learning we have just finished down in Pre-K 3&4!As I mentioned in earlier […]
- Racing Car Apples!
Today we talked about why it is important to eat healthy and to always wash our fruit and vegetables before eating. The […]
- Creating Wonderful Flying Parachutes
This week the students made parachutes in science class. Together we talked about what would happen if we tied a heavy […]
- Exploring with Math Manipulatives
Math TimeThis week we explored links and cubes during our math time. We focused on counting objects with one to one […]
- Afternoon Activities
Afternoon ActivitiesAfternoon activities occur once or twice a week. This is an opportunity for students to choose an […]
- Newsletter Issue #2
Leaps and Bounds Issue #2 August 24 - 28, 2015Here is our latest issue of "Leaps and Bounds," our kindergarten […]
- The First Day of School!
Our first and second graders had a wonderful first day of school! We spent the day participating in activities […]
- Our First Full Week of School!
Our first and second graders are nearly finished their first full week of school! We are beginning to become familiar […]
- End of Year Celebration!
Yesterday, we had our end of year celebration. Our students had the opportunity to celebrate a year’s worth of […]
- Geography Test 2
Hello Everyone,Here are the questions form the test today. You will need to find these places on a map. […]
- You Can Be Our Class Hero
Hello everyone, What a great week we just had. I don't know about the rest of you but it was fantastic to […]
- Geography Test
Hello Students,Here is the Geography test for Friday:Mark these countries or areas on the world map: Saudi Arabia New […]
- Book Choices
Hello families!Today we started doing a "book walk" in our classroom library. This activity is to get the […]
- Meet the Teachers
Welcome Back Middle School FamiliesOur newest member of staff: Kate SiwickiHello! My name is Kate and I am […]
- Middle School TAs
My name is Destalian, but just call me Desta. I'm a TA in the middle school and it's really exciting to work with […]
We have a couple videos to share this week. The first is another "Week-in-Review" with activities from several classes. […]
- A lot to Share
It's been an exciting week in music! We have FOUR videos to share this week.The first is a beautiful premier […]
- First Week Down
We have finished our first week in music, and we have a few more pictures and a special video to share.Also, follow […]
September is all about Teamwork. Teamwork is the ability to come together and work efficiently as a group. There are a […]
- Find your HERO!
Many of us have a hero in our life. What makes that person special to you? It could be an inner quality that shines […]
- Honesty- Make it contagious!
Honesty is a pretty important character trait. Ask a student what they think honesty is and you will come up with a […]