Welcome To PRIS!
Pasir Ridge Intercultural School is located in Balikpapan, East Kalimantan, Indonesia, on the Island of Borneo. Balikpapan is a city of 800,000 with the economy based mainly on the oil and mining industries. The school serves about 85 expatriate children in preschool through grade eight, with 20 percent U.S. citizens and 80 percent representing 20 other nationalities.
– “PRIS is a gem! We enjoyed every moment of our experience there. It will be difficult to find another school that will merge all the qualities we find at PRIS: high academic standards, excellent family atmosphere, highly prepared and motivated staff. At the end it all results in a secure-fun environment for our children to learn…Thank you PRIS!”
– “Thanks for your support and help, our children are happy students and they love the school.”
– “I would prefer PRIS than any other schools, in developing a child’s total wholeness, not just academic aspect but also the creativity and human aspect that is the strong point of PRIS.”
– “We think you’re doing a fabulous job and really appreciate all you do for the kids. Our kids have learned so much in the 2 years here thanks so much can’t wait to see what else they learn!”
– “I enjoy getting the blog updates it’s a great way to get a snapshot of the classroom.”
– “PRIS was an outstanding and memorable experience for our family. Thank you for your care, kindness, and expertise.”
– “Keep up the great work! Please know that you are a school of excellence in many areas and ways.”
– “PRIS is a wonderful school because it has an amazing team that makes it a great place for kids to learn…”
– “I know that experiences are personal and everyone lives theirs in a specific way… For me, being part of the PRIS community has been a blessing. I consider myself, my kids and my family extremely lucky for having the chance to be part of the PRIS family. The teachers and staff are not only great professionals but also great human beings… I have seen my kids learn and grow in the past three years and loving each day of school….That is the best feeling ever!…. We will truly miss being part of PRIS, but we will always treasure our memories and the friends we met here… Thank you all!”
Click Above To See More Student Work!
- Weekly Wrap-up & A Look Ahead To...
Dear Parents,This week the students completed a wonderful week learning about their immediate family members and their […]
- Cooking Thumbprint Cookies...
Today as part of our unit on ourselves and our families we talked about each of us being unique and how it is important […]
- Race to fill our cups!
In math class this week we learnt about 'counting on' using dice and math cubes. The students took turns to roll the […]
- Exploring with Math Manipulatives
Math TimeThis week we explored links and cubes during our math time. We focused on counting objects with one to one […]
- Afternoon Activities
Afternoon ActivitiesAfternoon activities occur once or twice a week. This is an opportunity for students to choose an […]
- Newsletter Issue #2
Leaps and Bounds Issue #2 August 24 - 28, 2015Here is our latest issue of "Leaps and Bounds," our kindergarten […]
- A Great Week!
Hello Family, Students and Friends of Grade 5,Another week as finished and what a week it was. The week was […]
- A Great Way To End The Week
Hello to Family, Students and Friends of Grade 5, We have finished another successful week and what better […]
- Geography Test
Hello Everyone,Here is the geography questions from today: North, South, and Central […]
- Math Field Study
Balikpapan could sure use some rain! Minahil and Taylor recently did some math work to try to come up with the most […]
- MS Makes Pajama Day Sweet
This past Friday the Middle School hosted milk and cookies at break time in celebration of Pajama Day. After the snacks […]
- Math Chapter Videos
Middle School students will be making a chapter video for each unit this year.The objective is to create a situation […]
- A Short Update
Happy Monday! As I will be away this week and the students also have a field trip on Wednesday, this will be the blog […]
We have a great week-in-review of mostly instruments and lots of awesome pictures!In library, we are finishing up our […]
- Instruments and Singing Galore!
We have three videos to start our week, beginning with our week-in-review. The students are busy on instruments, dance, […]
- October - Use your resources and be an...
October is Resourcefulness (able to deal skillfully and promptly with new situations, difficulties, etc.).We expect […]