PRIS Families; please reserve the evening of Friday, June 3rd. Members of our PRIS Committee are working on plans for a PRIS Community Celebration as part of an upbeat celebratory conclusion to our Final PRIS Chapter.
Meet the new Cleo!
Using the graphic talents of our PRIS TA Saidah Rahmah, the PRIS Committee has developed this logo for all Final Chapter communications and events. The logo depicts our school mascot “Cleo” the Clouded Leopard reading PRIS –The Final Chapter. Sporting the colors of Indonesia in her batik hero cape and with mementoes of her time in Balikpapan affixed to her suitcase, Cleo is heading off on a new adventure. Please click on the image to view it in large format!
Welcome To PRIS!
Pasir Ridge Intercultural School is located in Balikpapan, East Kalimantan, Indonesia, on the Island of Borneo. Balikpapan is a city of 800,000 with the economy based mainly on the oil and mining industries. The school serves about 85 expatriate children in preschool through grade eight, with 20 percent U.S. citizens and 80 percent representing 20 other nationalities.
– “PRIS is a gem! We enjoyed every moment of our experience there. It will be difficult to find another school that will merge all the qualities we find at PRIS: high academic standards, excellent family atmosphere, highly prepared and motivated staff. At the end it all results in a secure-fun environment for our children to learn…Thank you PRIS!”
– “Thanks for your support and help, our children are happy students and they love the school.”
– “I would prefer PRIS than any other schools, in developing a child’s total wholeness, not just academic aspect but also the creativity and human aspect that is the strong point of PRIS.”
– “We think you’re doing a fabulous job and really appreciate all you do for the kids. Our kids have learned so much in the 2 years here thanks so much can’t wait to see what else they learn!”
– “I enjoy getting the blog updates it’s a great way to get a snapshot of the classroom.”
– “PRIS was an outstanding and memorable experience for our family. Thank you for your care, kindness, and expertise.”
– “Keep up the great work! Please know that you are a school of excellence in many areas and ways.”
– “PRIS is a wonderful school because it has an amazing team that makes it a great place for kids to learn…”
– “I know that experiences are personal and everyone lives theirs in a specific way… For me, being part of the PRIS community has been a blessing. I consider myself, my kids and my family extremely lucky for having the chance to be part of the PRIS family. The teachers and staff are not only great professionals but also great human beings… I have seen my kids learn and grow in the past three years and loving each day of school….That is the best feeling ever!…. We will truly miss being part of PRIS, but we will always treasure our memories and the friends we met here… Thank you all!”
Click Above To See More Student Work!
- Making 4th Of July Windsocks...
Today the students learnt that America's birthday is celebrated by Americans on the 4th of July. We talked with Mrs. […]
- Cooking S'mores With Mrs. Chastity...
Today we learnt about s'mores. The students learnt that s'mores are a traditional nighttime treat cooked around the […]
- America's National Animal - The Bald...
Today we watched a video about the majestic Bald Eagle. The students learnt about how this bird is the national animal […]
- Exploring with Math Manipulatives
Math TimeThis week we explored links and cubes during our math time. We focused on counting objects with one to one […]
- Afternoon Activities
Afternoon ActivitiesAfternoon activities occur once or twice a week. This is an opportunity for students to choose an […]
- Newsletter Issue #2
Leaps and Bounds Issue #2 August 24 - 28, 2015Here is our latest issue of "Leaps and Bounds," our kindergarten […]
- Reader's Workshop: Series Book Club
Recently we began our Series Book Club reading unit. This unit will support students in learning to effectively read […]
- Character Day!
- Social Studies: Going Global
We are now in the midst of our final social studies unit for the year. This unit is called Going Global. This unit will […]
- A Busy Few Weeks
Hello to family, students, and friends of Grade 5,We are in the middle of a couple of very busy weeks. We came back to […]
- The Week That Was
Hello Parents, Students, and Friends of Grade 5,This week has been a full week for the students. We have had workshops […]
- Happy Halloween
Hello Everyone,I hope you have had a great week like the one we have had in Grade 5. This week we did many […]
- Solar Eclipse
Solar Eclipse of the Heart! Balikpapan was lucky enough to experience a total solar eclipse--the first one since 1983!! […]
- PRIS Airlines
Students worked very hard to create Twine "games" about ancient civilizations (Greece, Italy, China, Egypt, India). […]
- Greek Guess Who
While studying famous Ancient Greeks, we decided to test our knowledge and play Guess Who?! The students created the […]
- Last Week of Hilariousness
This was our last week to celebrate our #hilariousheroes. But our silly faces posted on […]
- Meanwhile, in Music
It's true, April has been filled with comedy. From all of the silly faces posted on our Instagram (handle: […]
- FUNNY PRIS Kids!
We have a whole ton of extremely funny jokes this week from our PRIS #hilariousheroes.This month we are celebrating […]
- PRIS Wellness Triathlon
Get your "Try" on!Students in EC to Grade 8 will be participating in the PRIS Wellness Triathlon on May 4th, 2016. […]
- Active Globe - Oh, The Places You Will...
Oh, The places you will go!PE students in conjunction with Transitioning activities completed in PAWS are participating […]
- May and June - Cultivate Altruism
Altruism is more than kindness. -Greater Good Science CenterHow to Cultivate Altruism?Studies show that […]