PRIS Families; please reserve the evening of Friday, June 3rd. Members of our PRIS Committee are working on plans for a PRIS Community Celebration as part of an upbeat celebratory conclusion to our Final PRIS Chapter.
Meet the new Cleo!
Using the graphic talents of our PRIS TA Saidah Rahmah, the PRIS Committee has developed this logo for all Final Chapter communications and events. The logo depicts our school mascot “Cleo” the Clouded Leopard reading PRIS –The Final Chapter. Sporting the colors of Indonesia in her batik hero cape and with mementoes of her time in Balikpapan affixed to her suitcase, Cleo is heading off on a new adventure. Please click on the image to view it in large format!
Welcome To PRIS!
Pasir Ridge Intercultural School is located in Balikpapan, East Kalimantan, Indonesia, on the Island of Borneo. Balikpapan is a city of 800,000 with the economy based mainly on the oil and mining industries. The school serves about 85 expatriate children in preschool through grade eight, with 20 percent U.S. citizens and 80 percent representing 20 other nationalities.
– “PRIS is a gem! We enjoyed every moment of our experience there. It will be difficult to find another school that will merge all the qualities we find at PRIS: high academic standards, excellent family atmosphere, highly prepared and motivated staff. At the end it all results in a secure-fun environment for our children to learn…Thank you PRIS!”
– “Thanks for your support and help, our children are happy students and they love the school.”
– “I would prefer PRIS than any other schools, in developing a child’s total wholeness, not just academic aspect but also the creativity and human aspect that is the strong point of PRIS.”
– “We think you’re doing a fabulous job and really appreciate all you do for the kids. Our kids have learned so much in the 2 years here thanks so much can’t wait to see what else they learn!”
– “I enjoy getting the blog updates it’s a great way to get a snapshot of the classroom.”
– “PRIS was an outstanding and memorable experience for our family. Thank you for your care, kindness, and expertise.”
– “Keep up the great work! Please know that you are a school of excellence in many areas and ways.”
– “PRIS is a wonderful school because it has an amazing team that makes it a great place for kids to learn…”
– “I know that experiences are personal and everyone lives theirs in a specific way… For me, being part of the PRIS community has been a blessing. I consider myself, my kids and my family extremely lucky for having the chance to be part of the PRIS family. The teachers and staff are not only great professionals but also great human beings… I have seen my kids learn and grow in the past three years and loving each day of school….That is the best feeling ever!…. We will truly miss being part of PRIS, but we will always treasure our memories and the friends we met here… Thank you all!”
Click Above To See More Student Work!
- Komodo Dragons
Today the students learnt about the Komodo dragon. The students learnt that it is the largest lizard in the world and […]
- Indonesian Sun Bears...
Today we learnt about the sun bears that live in Indonesia. The students learnt that these bears live in tropical rain […]
- Grouping Objects By Numbers In Math:
Today the students reviewed their counting skills to 10 and 20. The students were asked to choose different objects […]
- Exploring with Math Manipulatives
Math TimeThis week we explored links and cubes during our math time. We focused on counting objects with one to one […]
- Afternoon Activities
Afternoon ActivitiesAfternoon activities occur once or twice a week. This is an opportunity for students to choose an […]
- Newsletter Issue #2
Leaps and Bounds Issue #2 August 24 - 28, 2015Here is our latest issue of "Leaps and Bounds," our kindergarten […]
- Writer's Workshop: Poetry
In writer’s workshop, we have been writing a variety of poems! We began our unit with our students identifying […]
- Reader's Workshop: Series Book Club
Recently we began our Series Book Club reading unit. This unit will support students in learning to effectively read […]
- Character Day!
- A Busy Few Weeks
Hello to family, students, and friends of Grade 5,We are in the middle of a couple of very busy weeks. We came back to […]
- The Week That Was
Hello Parents, Students, and Friends of Grade 5,This week has been a full week for the students. We have had workshops […]
- Happy Halloween
Hello Everyone,I hope you have had a great week like the one we have had in Grade 5. This week we did many […]
- WWW- Bali Trip 2016
Our Week Without Walls Trip was amazing! We did so many things: mud wrestling, Balinese cooking and dancing, rafting, […]
- Earth Day
Clad in their new Bali tees, students planted trees around camp to support Earth Day! Earth Day Celebration […]
For Miss Megan's birthday we had a surprise celebration and ended with a typing test! Miss Megan was triumphant with 99 […]
- Wizard of Oz Videos
The videos from the Wizard of Oz are all up and ready on The Wizard of Oz Playlist. The video of the entire production […]
- Last Week of Hilariousness
This was our last week to celebrate our #hilariousheroes. But our silly faces posted on […]
- Meanwhile, in Music
It's true, April has been filled with comedy. From all of the silly faces posted on our Instagram (handle: […]
- PRIS Wellness Triathlon
Get your "Try" on!Students in EC to Grade 8 will be participating in the PRIS Wellness Triathlon on May 4th, 2016. […]
- Active Globe - Oh, The Places You Will...
Oh, The places you will go!PE students in conjunction with Transitioning activities completed in PAWS are participating […]
- May and June - Cultivate Altruism
Altruism is more than kindness. -Greater Good Science CenterHow to Cultivate Altruism?Studies show that […]