Welcome To PRIS!
Pasir Ridge Intercultural School is located in Balikpapan, East Kalimantan, Indonesia, on the Island of Borneo. Balikpapan is a city of 800,000 with the economy based mainly on the oil and mining industries. The school serves about 85 expatriate children in preschool through grade eight, with 20 percent U.S. citizens and 80 percent representing 20 other nationalities.
– “PRIS is a gem! We enjoyed every moment of our experience there. It will be difficult to find another school that will merge all the qualities we find at PRIS: high academic standards, excellent family atmosphere, highly prepared and motivated staff. At the end it all results in a secure-fun environment for our children to learn…Thank you PRIS!”
– “Thanks for your support and help, our children are happy students and they love the school.”
– “I would prefer PRIS than any other schools, in developing a child’s total wholeness, not just academic aspect but also the creativity and human aspect that is the strong point of PRIS.”
– “We think you’re doing a fabulous job and really appreciate all you do for the kids. Our kids have learned so much in the 2 years here thanks so much can’t wait to see what else they learn!”
– “I enjoy getting the blog updates it’s a great way to get a snapshot of the classroom.”
– “PRIS was an outstanding and memorable experience for our family. Thank you for your care, kindness, and expertise.”
– “Keep up the great work! Please know that you are a school of excellence in many areas and ways.”
– “PRIS is a wonderful school because it has an amazing team that makes it a great place for kids to learn…”
– “I know that experiences are personal and everyone lives theirs in a specific way… For me, being part of the PRIS community has been a blessing. I consider myself, my kids and my family extremely lucky for having the chance to be part of the PRIS family. The teachers and staff are not only great professionals but also great human beings… I have seen my kids learn and grow in the past three years and loving each day of school….That is the best feeling ever!…. We will truly miss being part of PRIS, but we will always treasure our memories and the friends we met here… Thank you all!”
Click Above To See More Student Work!
- Living and Non-Living...
This week the students have been learning about what makes something living or non-living. We learnt that living […]
- Celebrating Day 100 At School:
Yesterday we celebrated being 100 days smarter since starting school this year! Way to go students on working hard […]
- Painting With Ice Paint!
Today we used the 'ice paint' that we had made yesterday! The students took turns sharing each other's coloured paint […]
- Exploring with Math Manipulatives
Math TimeThis week we explored links and cubes during our math time. We focused on counting objects with one to one […]
- Afternoon Activities
Afternoon ActivitiesAfternoon activities occur once or twice a week. This is an opportunity for students to choose an […]
- Newsletter Issue #2
Leaps and Bounds Issue #2 August 24 - 28, 2015Here is our latest issue of "Leaps and Bounds," our kindergarten […]
- 100th Day of School!
Everyone had a fabulous time at our 100th Day of School celebration! Throughout the day, we participated in 100 […]
- Another Great Friday!
- Social Studies: Learning About Our...
For the culminating activity of our social studies unit, Cultural Diversity, we have been researching our home […]
- A Busy Few Weeks
Hello to family, students, and friends of Grade 5,We are in the middle of a couple of very busy weeks. We came back to […]
- The Week That Was
Hello Parents, Students, and Friends of Grade 5,This week has been a full week for the students. We have had workshops […]
- Happy Halloween
Hello Everyone,I hope you have had a great week like the one we have had in Grade 5. This week we did many […]
- Wellness Basketball
Wellness BasketballWe love our Wellness Wednesdays!&nbs […]
- Said is Dead
Said is DeadThe middle school students helped the little students create posters to remind them of synonyms for the […]
- Temple Visit
During their study of ancient civilizations, the middle school went to visit Hindu, Buddhist, and Muslim places of […]
- A Little Kindness
This week, we start with a video of Pre-K dancing to a Panic! At the Disco song, which turned out to be one of our […]
- Piano Time
We have three videos this week. One is a dance compilation from last week, featuring Pharrell Williams' Freedom.Second, […]
- Sneak Peaks and Nursery Rhymes
Our week-in-review includes a sneak-peak from Wizard of Oz Rehearsals and some more classical music and nursery rhyme […]
- Incidental Exercise...Get up and Move!
January tends to be the month when we push the "restart" button. When we decide we need to refresh. Consider becoming a […]
- Friendship Games - Fitness, Friends, Fun
More and more research continues to be shared regarding the benefits of sport. While PE classes work hard to help […]
- November - Practicing being Grateful!
Those that take time to be grateful are proven to be happier and healthier. But just saying “Thank you” is […]