Welcome To PRIS!
Pasir Ridge Intercultural School is located in Balikpapan, East Kalimantan, Indonesia, on the Island of Borneo. Balikpapan is a city of 800,000 with the economy based mainly on the oil and mining industries. The school serves about 85 expatriate children in preschool through grade eight, with 20 percent U.S. citizens and 80 percent representing 20 other nationalities.
– “PRIS is a gem! We enjoyed every moment of our experience there. It will be difficult to find another school that will merge all the qualities we find at PRIS: high academic standards, excellent family atmosphere, highly prepared and motivated staff. At the end it all results in a secure-fun environment for our children to learn…Thank you PRIS!”
– “Thanks for your support and help, our children are happy students and they love the school.”
– “I would prefer PRIS than any other schools, in developing a child’s total wholeness, not just academic aspect but also the creativity and human aspect that is the strong point of PRIS.”
– “We think you’re doing a fabulous job and really appreciate all you do for the kids. Our kids have learned so much in the 2 years here thanks so much can’t wait to see what else they learn!”
– “I enjoy getting the blog updates it’s a great way to get a snapshot of the classroom.”
– “PRIS was an outstanding and memorable experience for our family. Thank you for your care, kindness, and expertise.”
– “Keep up the great work! Please know that you are a school of excellence in many areas and ways.”
– “PRIS is a wonderful school because it has an amazing team that makes it a great place for kids to learn…”
– “I know that experiences are personal and everyone lives theirs in a specific way… For me, being part of the PRIS community has been a blessing. I consider myself, my kids and my family extremely lucky for having the chance to be part of the PRIS family. The teachers and staff are not only great professionals but also great human beings… I have seen my kids learn and grow in the past three years and loving each day of school….That is the best feeling ever!…. We will truly miss being part of PRIS, but we will always treasure our memories and the friends we met here… Thank you all!”
Click Above To See More Student Work!
- Accessory Day!
Wow, the students looked amazing in their outfits and accessories today! Way to go for strutting your wonderful outfits […]
- The Three Little Pigs Houses...
Today the students began working on constructing the three little pigs houses from the story "The Three Little Pigs". […]
- Goldilocks And The Three Bears Finger...
Since we've been reading the story "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" this week I thought it was important to go over the […]
- Exploring with Math Manipulatives
Math TimeThis week we explored links and cubes during our math time. We focused on counting objects with one to one […]
- Afternoon Activities
Afternoon ActivitiesAfternoon activities occur once or twice a week. This is an opportunity for students to choose an […]
- Newsletter Issue #2
Leaps and Bounds Issue #2 August 24 - 28, 2015Here is our latest issue of "Leaps and Bounds," our kindergarten […]
- Writer’s Workshop: Personal...
During our second wiring unit of the year, our students have been studying the works of Ezra Jack Keats and Angela […]
- Social Studies: Citizenship
Prior to October break, we completed our first social studies unit of the year. Our initial unit, Citizenship, focused […]
- Book Recommendation
- The Week That Was
Hello Parents, Students, and Friends of Grade 5,This week has been a full week for the students. We have had workshops […]
- Happy Halloween
Hello Everyone,I hope you have had a great week like the one we have had in Grade 5. This week we did many […]
- A Great Week!
Hello Family, Students and Friends of Grade 5,Another week as finished and what a week it was. The week was […]
- MS PRIS Videos
Over the course of trimester one, students in the middle school worked in partners on a documentary style video showing […]
- 6th Grade Math Chapter Videos
Grade 6 students finished a unit where they studied factors and multiples. They were tasked with creating a video that […]
- Rube Goldberg Machines
Middle School students worked in partners to create a machine to complete a simple task in a complex way. […]
- Ending November
This week, students in Grades 5-8 amazed us at Monday's assembly. In case you missed it:Grade 1/2 students worked hard […]
- End-of-Trimester Fun
Welcome to the end of the first trimester! The students have done a wonderful job this trimester and we've enjoyed […]
- Drumming with Andy Gleadhill
This week was very exciting! Each class had 1-2 session with Andy Gleadhill. Below are pictures and videos from our […]
- November - Practicing being Grateful!
Those that take time to be grateful are proven to be happier and healthier. But just saying “Thank you” is […]